Old Donation Church

4449 N. Witchduck Road, Virginia Beach


Old Donation Church
Old Donation Church

Oyster Roast 2012
Oyster Roast 2012

Historic Old Donation Church, originally know as Lynnhaven Parish was established by Adam and Sarah Thorowgood (original spelling) in 1637. 

There have been three church buildings in it's history. 

The present church was built in 1736, but burned in 1882 and rebuilt in 1916. 

Old Donation is the oldest church in Virginia Beach and celebrated it's 375th anniversary in 2012. 

History tours of the church are given by costumed docents and can be arranged by calling the church office at 497-0563 during week days or by contacting Pete Owens at 474-0805. 

Visitors and guest are always welcome.

 

 

Historic Houses - Historic Sites - Museums
 

Home
Site Map
Index
Contact Us
The Society
Get Involved
Local History
Historic Places
Resources

Princess Anne County/Virginia Beach Historical Society

2040 Potters Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23454

Contact us at webmaster@virginiabeachhistory.org or (757) 491-3490

http://www.virginiabeachhistory.org

Copyright©2001 Princess Anne County/Virginia Beach Historical Society • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • Web site design by Cynthia S. Hart • Modifications by June Cooper