Eastern Shore Chapel

Laskin Road, Virginia Beach


Eastern Shore Chapel While a modern building, the Eastern Shore Chapel contains pews, stained glass windows and baptismal font from a chapel built in 1754. John Walke, builder and owner of Upper Wolfsnare Plantation, provided the communion silver for this earlier church. The Eastern Shore Chapel still owns and uses the colonial period communion silver.



Historic Houses - Historic Sites - Museums
 

Home
Site Map
Index
Contact Us
The Society
Get Involved
Local History
Historic Places
Resources

Princess Anne County/Virginia Beach Historical Society

2040 Potters Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23454

Contact us at webmaster@virginiabeachhistory.org or (757) 491-3490

http://www.virginiabeachhistory.org

Copyright©2001 Princess Anne County/Virginia Beach Historical Society • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED • Web site design by Cynthia S. Hart • Modifications by June Cooper